The CollegeInvest Early Achievers Scholarship is a grant that is available to 7th, 8th and 9th grade students who are currently residing in the State of Colorado. This scholarship aims to provide financial help in preparation for college education, particularly for students who demonstrate high academic achievement but are in the state of financial need.
Students who are awarded with the scholarship may receive up to $1,500 per year which can be used to pay for basic college education needs such as tuition, books, cost-of-living allowance, transportation and other education-related expenses.
CollegeInvest Scholarship Eligibility
Students who wish to avail of the CollegeInvest Early Achievers Scholarship should have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher during grades 9 through 12. They must as well be eligible for FAFSA, and the Federal Pell Grant by the time they enroll in college. Students must be at least 13 years old in order to be accepted to the scholarship, and should be accepted in an institution accredited by the CollegeInvest organization.
The scholarship is available to both full-time and half-time college students who are in their first three years in post-secondary education.
The eligible institutions accepted by the CollegeInvest Early Achievers Scholarship include
- Delta-Montrose Technical College
- Community College of Denver
- Emily Griffith Opportunity School
- San Juan Basin Area Technical College
- Community College of Aurora
- Aims Community College
- Front Range Community College
- Pueblo Community College
- TH Pickens Technical Center
- Arapahoe Community College
- Colorado Northwestern Community College
- Lamar Community College
- Red Rocks Community College
- Pikes Peak Community College
- Northeastern Junior College
- Colorado Mountain College
- Western Colorado Community College
- University of Colorado at Denver & Health Sciences Center
- Otero Junior College
- Trinidad State Junior College
- Colorado School of Mines
- Western State College
- Morgan Community College
- Regis University
- Adams State College
- Colorado Christian University
- University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
- Metropolitan State College of Denver
- Fort Lewis College
- University of Colorado at Boulder
- Colorado State University-Fort Collins
- Mesa State College
- University of Northern Colorado
- Colorado State University-Pueblo
- University of Denver
How to apply to the CollegeInvest Scholarship
Interested applicants may visit the CollegeInvest website at http://www.collegeinvest.org, where they can download the application forms and know the other necessary requirements. Along with completely filled up forms, applicants must also provide copies of their school transcripts, federal income tax returns of their parents, and recommendation letters coming from their school administrators upon request of the CollegeInvest organization.
Scholarship Application Deadline
The CollegeInvest Early Achievers Scholarship application deadline is on every January 1st. It is thus best to inquire at the CollegeInvest hotline at 1-800-448-2424 or email the office at email@example.com for more information about the application schedules and deadlines.