The Flinn Foundation Scholarships is funded by the Flinn Foundation. Flinn Foundation is a philanthropic organization that was established in 1965. It is privately endowed organization founded by Dr. Robert and Irene Flinn. The purpose and goals of the Flinn Foundation is to support and help students in their careers especially in the health profession.
The Flinn Foundation Scholarships each year award 20 scholarships to Arizona State’s highest achieving students for undergraduate study. The Flinn Foundation scholarships are one of the most sought after Arizona scholarships as well as undergraduate scholarships.
As part of the Flinn Foundation Scholarship, the student can look forward to
- Free Tuition, room and boarding
- Funding for studies abroad
- Mentorship and fellowship from a brilliant group of scholars and faculty
The Flinn scholarship helps students in their academic pursuits by paying for their tuition and living expenses as well as providing a stipend for any studies done abroad. The recipients of the Flinn Scholar scholarships are not required to identify a specific major, or course of study but are expected to exceed the academic and personal levels that awarded them with the scholarship in the first place.
The value of the Flinn Foundation scholarship award is $54,000 on top of the tuition value as well as tremendous non monetary value.
Flinn Foundation Scholarship Requirements
- Grade-point average along with class test scores and achievements in school
- The student’s academic achievement, communication and personal characteristics.
- The students leadership abilities and service to the community.
- Minimum of 2 Letters of recommendation from your high school teacher or counselor. In the case of home schooled students, the two letters of recommendation must be from the person that taught the student.
- SAT or ACT Test Scores
- Details of achievements, community service etc
Flinn Scholarship Deadlines
As a Flinn Scholar you can expect to travel internationally on academic pursuits. You could study Egyptian history at the pyramid in Cheops, help and counsel aids patients in Kenya, travel to Moscow, Russia to learn Russian. Flinn scholars begin their Flinn Scholarship funded travels as a group in Central Europe, each scholar receives a stipend for one more international study opportunity whether it is a semester or a year at an international university.
For more information, please visit the Flinn Scholars website.